Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by mini implants. If you have uncomfortable or loose-fitting dentures, stabilizing your bite with mini implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
Mini implants are placed in the jaw where they heal firmly in place with the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, which keep it stable and secure.
What are the benefits of implant-supported dentures?
- If you opt for implant-supported dentures, you may be more confident when you talk, laugh, and eat in public. You’ll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-supported dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; pain and canker sores are common problems for patients with conventional dentures.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing implant-supported dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- If you have conventional dentures, you may have difficulty speaking clearly, since slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.